Tuesday, March 07, 2006

change in my pocket

The below link(s), not the quicktime, hosting is made possible by a colleague of mine, Mark van Uden, a good guy he truly is for assisting me here. This is only a temporary solution, but once I figure out what I am doing. I will get my own server space. For now, just a regular working week, yes I actually do work here!! Tonight, I just feel like staying indoors, in the apartment here. I could talk about work stuff, but that is all "trade secret" stuff....

democracy in real action:
I truly enjoy the choices available to me for my daily commute. This morning I walked downstairs to the door to go to the parking lot to the car, and I said to myself, "nah, let's take the train". I understand most here don't have such choices available to them. But for me to have each of these including the option to ride my bicycle to work is truly a gift. When I speak about riding a bike to work, I am not talking about an epic ride, or a fitness ride like those athelitic fanatics do, but simply a nice fresh bike ride, like when you were a kid. By the time you arrive at work, you are just a bit warm beneath your jacket. These three combined choices truly are democracy in action.

An aside, one experience I have to make a movie of, and I will tomorrow. Is when I am waiting for the train on the platfoorm in Best and a"Snel" train, Intercity, passes through the staion. It is an awesome feeling to have a huge mass travel by you(1m) 3feet or so, at roughly 100km/hr (60mi/hr). Wow, what a feeling! Anyone who knows me, knows I talk about this movie Kontroll, well it kind of reminds me of that.

I posted the Serbian Train link under the carneval heading, but that really doesn't belong there. A bit of background on the video. I was returning to Ljubliana from Beograd, by way of the train, and at some point when I was just about to fall asleep after first being hustled out of 5 euro or 300dinar by the train conductor and then finishing a mini bottle of schnops that Bojana gave me, I heard a knock at my door. I being a sleepy buzzed guy moved the curtain back with my foot to view my visitors, and it was two women!! Imagine that?? Go figure? They asked me to come hang out and play some games with them and their friends. So I obliged and found myself two hours later making this video to capture the moment.

Enjoy!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger EW said...

"It is an awesome feeling to have a huge mass travel by you(1m) 3feet or so, at roughly 100km/hr (60mi/hr). Wow, what a feeling!"

Women say that to me all the time...

4:24 PM  
Blogger flockjcu said...

oh my!!! that is funny!!!!

11:31 PM  
Blogger trainwreck said...

good one popimp!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home