Sunday, April 02, 2006

Liege and Fort ChaudFontaine "adventure"

While I sit here in an attempt to manage my photos reducing hard drive space burning .jpg's to cd. I look outside and at the big puffy clouds pasing by. "Beetje slecht weer vandag" little bad weather today... However the sun is shining occasionally, that makes for a cool view.
Yesterday, wandered around in Liege and in the "buurt" of Liege and then to Maastricht before returning to Eindhoven.
Liege is an interesting city. It had a very bizarre feel to it, couldn't put my finger on it, it was just bizarre, and a bit restless.
From there went south a bit into the hills just south of the city. Found a WW1 fort named Claudfontaine. It is no longer open to tourists, but I asked some of the people there, if I could wander on the grounds a bit, and they obliged. Here are some pics from there:
view from where the main turret would have been



Ask-again-would I see this in Cleveland? (BTB-this is the money shot for the monthly wallpaper)


Heel Goed weer in Maastricht!

A parc in the just south of Maastricht, i didn't pet the horse, it almost ran me over though.

view from outside the fort

3 Comments:

Blogger Sober in Chicago said...

I'm in Seattle sucka...for training... dropping a line.

BTW Im glad you're having a great time seeing some badass things out there, it seems to me its everything you wanted it to be... but then again i'm hammered, and not much is going to make sense til' at least noon.

However,
youre losing touch with reality my friend

quit ur complaining about stuff you would and wouldn't see in the US...
i.e. World War battlegrounds? come to my hotel room after a night we get it together, get stupid and hit up a ballgame... i'll show you some battlegrounds

we know you're seeing some stuff that most of us will never see and we're soooo jealous, but the rest of us are here in the real world where the weather is shitty, the chicks are sloppy, and the chili peppers headline lollapalooza... the shit is real and we wouldn't have it any other way!

you see the problem is... you have no 22 yr old sober assholes rockin it out and keepin it real for ur ass

when you get back here and start dressing like an occidental yuppie, rockin dutch music on your ipod mini, and snapping photos on your 5.1 megapixel digital camera im going to blast you upside the head with a case of great lakes and remind you where you fuckin come from!





p.s. went to a mariners game last night... i'm sober i swear

p.s.s. for any american women reading this... i didn't mean that whole "chicks are sloppy" thing...

9:48 AM  
Blogger flockjcu said...

did ya look at the pic with the girls on the bikes? did ya?
right now, my folks are here and we just came back from Den Bosch. My dad is snoring on the couch like he is back in the village of paine and I am typing this email, it doesn't get any more real than this....
If I was with you we would rock it out anywhere, for sure. Don't worry about that my 22 yr old friend. But this , wait, my dad just asked where the remote for the tv is, reality in the face... anyway i like the story, and i think about the "bottle" by the dumpster often....thanks..
I have fun anywhere. Believe that.
out

12:15 PM  
Blogger Sober in Chicago said...

i have no idea what any of that means... you must've been drunker in that response than i was when i wrote that rediculous comment... but you're still the man... i have fun EVERYWHERE, believe that.... out

7:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home