Monday, May 29, 2006

Gaelic exposure

Arrived safely back to Eindhoven this evening. I am truly a blessed person and totally appreciate the opportunity to travel as frequently as I do. I DO NOT take it for granted.

First look at the Temple Bar of Dublin.



Second look at Dublin (Club M) A sweet discoteque in the Temple Bar of Dublin. I learned the definition of a Hen party. Where is Chuck? Come on!!! English birds from Chester!


A look from the Dublin city tour bus.


Temple Bar by day


Seaside 30 minutes on the train (the DART) from Dublin




Club M night number two. This is an "expat" too. A social worker from Miami now working in London. Very interesting person. She thought I was Latin!! I said, "i was called Papichulo once, does that count?" We talked about self interspection and both of us trying to extend our stays in Europe and stuff and then finally got her to dance a bit. She said, that for a gringo, I could dance pretty good.


This is one is for, you know who!!! (if you don't, sorry, check some of the reactions)


A local from Cork! Sorry forgot her name...


Irish wisdom. In Cork


Marketing...good distribution channels...and a good product (Outside St. James Gate, Dublin)


Ireland is a gem and so are the people. I picked up a book on the history of Ireland. What I read so far on the train ride to Cork is eye opening. I knew some history, but the details get glossed over often.

I think the best thing I heard was from a guy in Cork, he said, "where you from mate? " I said, "Cleveland." He said, "ohhh america!, Yeah, we went there once. Now it is time for you to come here!" The economy is booming, construction is everywhere. The skyline is full of cranes in Dublin. The city of Cork seems to be getting a make over.

In Cork, I saw the movie DaVinci Code. I thought it was an entertaining movie. Particularly because I had been to most of the locations in question. You see, back in 2002, I went to Scotland and then got a layover in London on a different trip. But back to the Scotland trip. Before I got on the plane, I saw this documentary on the Arch of the Covenent resting location, just by chance I saw it like a day before we left for the trip. So, I said, Let's go to Rosslyn Chapel. We did. Very interesting place indeed. I picked up a book there at the chapel gift store. Titled simply, The Knights Templars. It was a thorough history of the Knights and the crusades of the holy lands. Anyway, because I was reading the book when I got delayed in London for like 7 hours, the first place I wanted to go was to the Temple in London. The Knights Templars temple.
My mom had already been reading the book the DaVinci Code and she told me I should read it too. I started reading it but found the topics overlaying with the Knights Templars book, so me , preferring non fiction, i went with the history lesson.

Anyway, If anyone of you all want to discuss any of the many topics covered in the film, send me an email. It is actually one of my, past favorite subjects.

later

3 Comments:

Blogger Frank Kitchen said...

Jim, Tell the girl from Miami I tought you how to dance!Thats why you're such a good dancer! Or it's just you watching Napolean Dynamite way too much! Wish I could do all the traveling you're doing! Keep the pictures coming! I'm jealous!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Sober in Chicago said...

i was everywhere but sober lane this past five days brotha...

8:32 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

Hey! You know Brian and I were in Ireland for a month! YOu should've hit us up and we could've hooked you up with our Irish cousins! Well, a few of them are here right now with us, but still!

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home