Friday, June 23, 2006

Eindhoven is GREAT!!

Eindhoven, a small industrial town, a combination of 5 small villages, in Brabant the south of Holland is amazing. One would never think this on first impression. It is industrial, functional, very engineered. Nothing from the old past of europe for it was heavily destroyed in the war. It is a modern industrial city that was born out of Philips Lighting.

Tonight and this entire weekend is fiest del sol in the city. Beer booths are set up all thoughout the city center and the people were in a very festive spirit. Not much different than any other friday, just that live music was also played at each outdoor beer location as well. So, from my apartment you wander roughly 50 meters, stop for a drink, listen to some music. Finish your beer, wander another 50 meters or so and repeat. Do this about 5 times and you indeed cross the entire city center and find your way to the bar district, or street, called Stratumseind.

The atmosphere is like nothing I have ever, ever experienced as a young adult. I mean, I have been going out and partying in clubs and bars for like, 10 years now, and nothing I have ever experienced moves me quite like what I experience here.

Those who know me well, know that I enjoy every place I go. I love life, and love to meet old friends and maybe meet new ones, anywhere. But, man..... If you could only see what I have been seeing for these last few weeks of good weather here in the town. Wow!

Yeah, I have been around in the states and even in other parts of europe and mexico. But here, it suits me. Suits me well. I hope that anyone who enjoys stuff like I do, I hope that they too can experience this one day, whereever they are and whatever they are choosing to do, when you "click" somewhere. You know what I mean? Just click! Go with you "gut" feeling and just roll with it and see where it takes you. Whatever you do I hope you do it with heart and are able to connect with your environment and feel completely alive, not contrived and veneer, but true to your spirit, whatever that is....

Wow!!

here is a pic from work colleagues, mark and bjoern. I won't say anything else other than, mentos and cola....


c town be prepared....you are not ready...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home